If you're ever going to love me, love me now, while I can know,
All the sweet and tender feelings which from real affection flow.
Love me now, while I'm living; do not wait 'til I am gone
And chisel it in marble - warm love words on ice-cold stone.
If you've dear sweet thoughts about me, why not whisper them to me?
Don't you know twould make me happy and as glad as glad could be?
If you wait 'til I'm sleeping, never to waken here again,
There'll be walls of earth between us and I couldn't hear you then.
If you knew someone was thirsting for a drop of water sweet
Would you be so slow to bring it? Would you step with laggard feet?
There are tender hearts all around us who are thirsting for our love;
Why withhold from them what nature makes them crave all else above?
I won't need your kind caresses when the grass grows over my face;
I won't crave your love or kisses in my last low resting place.
So, then, if you love me, if it's just a little bit,
Let me know now while living; I can own and treasure it.
---- Unknown
I have been looking for this poem. Glad I have found it...
No comments:
Post a Comment